Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Baby steps towards something BIG

I had a great year. Great as in crazy and insane to the max.
It's been almost a year since I last posted on my blog. A lot happened in those 12 months of absence. While I was MIA in the blog world, life on the whole was pretty full on. To summarise it all..I graduated with a post graduate teaching degree from Melbourne university, got my teaching registration, I started taking road trips to different cities of Australia with my hubby and son, fell pregnant, moved house close to my due date, had a beautiful baby boy and now that my baby is three months old I have just enrolled in a fabulous, life changing e-course Make Art That Sells by one of the top illustrator agent Lilla Rogers.
I have struggled a lot to come to terms with my identity as an artist and to find a place for my art and my creative expression. I am finding myself getting excited about my art again. I am thinking about my artwork all the time and can't wait to get back to my *studio-space*.
This 5 week-long intensive course offers expert advice and industry insight from Lilla Rogers herself is so packed full of advice that is pure GOLD. Having said that, great advice and information doesn't come cheap..and it's never ever for free. I was saving money to buy a printmaking press for myself but when I came across I couldn't resist taking the plunge. As a matter of fact, it was a *birthday present* I bought for myself..an investment in my artistic career. Massages and spas can wait ;)
So if you are a budding illustrator and designer and not sure which industry is right for you then have a look at this fantastic opportunity to learn from the best in the industry. The next intake is in October this year, head over to the website for further details.
http://lillarogers.com/make-art-that-sells/

Lilla Roger's Studio School

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amna! I've been a follower from your blog since quite a while and I've been wondering what you where doing since I saw no new posts ;-). Know I know. ;-) You've been a busy lady and also had a baby in this year. Wow!! So great to read you're taking new steps on your creative path!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Esther
    I am so happy to see you here and more excited to know that you have been following my blog. I love your illustrations and keep a close watch on your latest work from your facebook page.
    I am ashamed to admit that I almost let my blog go :( but yes, I have been very busy behind scenes. But I have been sharing things through my facebook page.
    Working on building a new website :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amna, I will have to find your facebookpage now! Didn't know you had one I think. Or do you mean your own personal page?
      Keep us posted about your new website :-). Happy creating!

      Delete